The majority of our classes are taught in English. We offer some classes taught in French and a we can propose a private class in English, French or Spanish.
Our general classes are limited to 6-8 people. This is to ensure that everyone has plenty of attention from the chef. We can however, accommodate private groups of up to 12 people.
As soon as you have your dates. Don’t forget that classes are only for up to 6-8 people depending on the class, so availability might be limited…
Please head over to our booking page where you will have up-to-date availability and can reserve your dates directly online. If you wish to book multiple classes, we would ask that you please book your first class for however many number of people you wish to reserve and once you have received your confirmation, you can then reserve the subsequent classes (which will be at 20% off for most options – the promotional code will be on your booking confirmation)
Yes, we do accept credit card payments with Visa, MasterCard, Amex.
Transportation is included from and to Uzès. You are free to follow us in your car to the school which is just 5 minutes drive away and where you will have free parking at the Musée 1900 in Arpaillargues. For the Market classes to St Quentin, you will be picked up in Uzès to go to St Quentin by car. More details will be provided at time of booking.
Transportation to the guest house and on all excursions will be provided for our Week in Uzès French Cookery holiday. Should you require transportation from your point of arrival to reach the house, please note that we will provide you with useful information to help you plan your arrival to Uzès.
All that you will need to participate in the day’s lesson will be provided for you.
The price includes the cost of ingredients. The only extra cost would be if you decided to invite someone who has not partaken in the class to join us for the meal. We limit each class meal to two guests only.
If you have any food allergies or other food restrictions, please be sure to mention it when you reserve. We have provided a further information/comment box for you to ask any specific questions or let us know about your particular needs.
Full payment by credit card is required to make a reservation, with the exception of our Week in Uzes where we require a 50% deposit and balance due 90 days before the start date.
We accept various forms of payment but the simplest way is by credit card through our on-line payment form. As soon as we receive the payment confirmation, we will send you all the details and information regarding the meeting point and location of the class.
If you book more than one class, we apply a discount of 20% for adults on the second class… This discount is based on further bookings and not number of participants in a class. This discount is not applicable to already discounted classes or specials or to our Chef’s Table, Cheese & Wine Class or Packages (ie Week in Uzès).
If you wish to book more than one class, please book your first class. Once you have booked, you will receive a confirmation which has the discount code to use when booking subsequent classes and benefit from the 20% off.
Children are more than welcome! For ages 16 and under the cost will be 100€ (this rate applies to our cooking classes & not Food & Wine Pairing, Cheese & Wine or Week in Uzes)
In the event that you need to cancel the class the following conditions apply:
– 30 days or more prior to the class, the fee is 100% refundable less a 50 euros cancellation fee per person.
– 30 days or less prior to the class, the fee is non-refundable however you may reschedule your class or transfer your class to another person within 6 months after the date of the class. If no reschedule occurs during this time the credit is cancelled.
– After the date of the class, the fee is non-refundable and no reschedule is allowed.
– Our Week in Uzès French cooking vacation, if canceled 60 days before the start date is refundable at 50% of the total cost. Should you cancel within 60 days of the start date, no refund will be possible. You can postpone your date with notification at least 45 days before the trip and only one such change will be allowed for any given booking. Once changed, the new dates are final and non-refundable.
– For the 3-Day Bread Master Class, Cancelations made more than 60 days before the start date of your class are subject to a cancelation fee of 50% the total cost per participant. Should you cancel within 60 days of the start date, no refund will be possible. You can postpone your date with notification at least 45 days before the trip and only one such change will be allowed for any given booking. Once changed, the new dates are final and non-refundable.
In the Market Classes we prepare a 3-course meal, including appetizer, main-course and dessert paired with wine and including a cheese course served before the dessert. The menu is not decided ahead of time as it depends on what is fresh and in-season. We have a number of possible recipes for our dessert class however the list is not exhaustive. View our classes
Your friends and family are welcome to join us for the meal at the end of the class for a small additional cost of 35 euros per person. Please be sure to let us know in advance, how many guests you will be inviting as we limit each class to no more than 2 guests per class.
Children between 10 and 16 are more than welcome. Our classes would be at 100€ for them.
Certainly! You will always receive recipes after you have taken a class with us, but if you are looking for more recipes to try at home, you can access our recipes here. When you sign up for our newsletter you will unlock many more recipes from our chefs both here in Uzès and in Paris. Registration is required on our recipe database as well as to the newsletter. Become a CWC ambassador and gain full access to exclusive recipe content.
If you are interested in organizing a group of classes for a group, we can put together a proposal for you or your clients with either one-day or several day classes in Uzès.
Please contact us via email to let us know about your particular needs. Prices vary depending on how many people you wish to reserve for. We can accommodate up to 12 people maximum. Find out more about our customizable culinary packages here.