We all know that while in France you can’t help but drool at the pastry shop windows looking at the cakes, tarts and chocolatey delights before you. Chef Eric is here to help you break the barrier and delve into the delights of making some of France’s well-known classics. This is an entry-level desserts class so is also suitable for children age 12-16.
Indulge your sweet tooth with this tasty French desserts class in Uzès. The ingredients of the Mediterranean and notably the South of France will be the stars in this class as we revisit some classic French desserts to give them a contemporary feel and taste.
You’ll prepare 3 desserts over a 2.5 hour period with a little bonus recipe if time permits. You’ll be able to taste our creations at the end of the class with a glass of wine and will, of course, part with whatever you wish to take home.
Examples of desserts we may make
Here’s just a small sample of what we might create together in class, to tempt your tastebuds:
- Orange cake with olive oil, white chocolate ganache & safran
- Baba au Rhum, with caramel whipped cream & caramelized almonds
- Baked apricots with honey & tarragon, herb ice-cream
- Strawberry, basil & lime tart
- Fougasse d’Aigues-Mortes
- Frozen nougat
- Lavender crème brûlée
- Chocolate/banana charlotte cake
- Mini coffee flavored Paris-Brest
- Almond tuile cookies
- Navette de Marseilles
- Madeleine cakes
- Cannelé from Bordeaux (a little nod to the early days of chef Eric’s cooking career)